- Diseases, Infections, & Underlying Causes: When Antibiotics Don’t Work 2h 05min
Diseases, Infections, & Underlying Causes: When Antibiotics Don’t Work
What You'll Learn
- The underlying causes of disease and tests available to treat them
- Herbs that have effects on cell signaling pathways and how this is useful clinically
- Cases where identification of infections and the treatment options available: antibiotics and herbal and other therapies
- Issues with health globally and where we stand with these issues that impact health
- Current research with Lyme and co-infections and how it is being utilized
This course will take you on a deep dive into the underlying causes of a number of serious chronic illness, including infections, that are not always treatable effectively with antibiotics.
Dr. Satya Ambrose will discuss different treatment protocols, including both conventional and herbal antibiotics and subsequently cover antibiotic resistance, as well as use of phage. This course will also briefly mention cell signaling pathways and how these inflammatory pathways can be mitigated.
Dr. Ambrose’s engaging teaching style makes such complex topics like infectious diseases and antibiotic resistance fun, interesting, and easily digestible. As an experienced clinician, she focuses on the clinically-relevant aspects of these detailed fields of study.
You will walk away from this course with new and research-backed tools and insights for supporting your patients suffering from infectious diseases where antibiotics just won’t work.
Dr. Ambrose is a noted educator, teaching at both the Natural College of Natural Medicine (NCNM) and the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (OCOM). She offers professional seminars in the Northwest, Montana, Hawaii, and the Dominican Republic. She received her B.A. in Psychology and Biochemistry from Evergreen State College in 1975 and a degree in acupuncture from the New England School of Acupuncture in 1976, followed by an advanced degree in acupuncture from the same institution in 1977. Dr. Ambrose earned the distinction of Naturopathic Doctor from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1989. Her private practice focuses on oncology, endocrinology, cardiology, immunology, acupuncture, and women’s health. Dr. Ambrose has been selected as one of Portland's most outstanding medical professionals by Portland Monthly Magazine's Top Doctors & Nurses 2014.