- History and Theory 28min
- Philosophy & Laws of Healing 43min
- Recent History & Research 17min
Homeopathy 101: An Introduction to Homeopathy
Homeopathy has been around for 220 years and is the second leading system of medicine for primary health care in the world. It has been used in the treatment of the common cold to cancer and everything in between. It is one of the safest yet equally effective modalities of medicine that exists.
This course is a must for any individual new to homeopathy! By completing this course, you will build a strong foundation and master the essentials of the art and science of homeopathy. You will feel confident in the laws that govern homeopathy, understand its historical roots, be able to identify key terms and reference materials, learn key remedies for common complaints, understand the process of taking a homeopathic case, and the process of applying this healing modality to your friends, family, pets, and patients!
This introductory lecture series will consist of six, 90-minute lessons.
Lesson #1: Theory, Philosophy, and History of Homeopathy
- Philosophy and theory of homeopathy
- Understand the law “similia similibus curentur”
- History of Hahnemann, the founder of homeopathy
- Herring’s Laws of Cure
- Highlighting current research
Lesson #2: Homeopathy Basics
- Definition of remedies and how they are made
- Difference between potencies and mere dilutions
- Define Repertory and Reference/Materia Medica
- Overview rubrics and the language of the repertory
- Understand the key role of provings
- Difference between characteristic and common symptom
- Strange, rare, and peculiar
- Identify important pillars in case taking: Location, Sensation, Modality, Concomitants, Causes, Changes in Behavior
- Understand questions to ask while case taking to gather the most information
- Describe follow up visits and how to determine if the right remedy was given
- Real-life case examples
Lesson #3: Overview of Different Homeopathic Methods
- Highlighting different approaches to practicing homeopathy
- Isopathy/CEASE therapy
- Homeopathic Drainage
- Cell Salts
- Flower Essences
Lesson #4: Remedies for the Flu & Fevers
- Overview of key remedies used to support the body during a viral illness
- Overview of key remedies used to support the body during a fever
- Real-life case examples with dosing guidelines
Lesson #5: First-Aid Remedies
- Overview of key remedies used to support the body from bug/animal bites
- Overview of key remedies used to support the body from poison oak
- Overview of key remedies used for wound healing
- Overview of key remedies used to support the body from a simple infection
- Overview of key remedies used to support the body from food poisoning
- Overview of key remedies used for sprains/strains
- Overview of key remedies used for sunburns
- Overview of key remedies used for sunstroke and heat exhaustion
Lesson #6: Remedies for Headaches, Coughs, and UTIs
- Overview of key remedies used for headaches
- Overview of key remedies used for coughs
- Overview of key remedies used for UTIs
What You’ll Learn
- Overview the history of homeopathy
- Understand the law “similia similibus curentur”
- Identify Herring’s Laws of Cure
- Overview current homeopathic research
- Highlight different ways homeopathic medicine can be practiced
- Define what a remedy is and how it is made
- Define what is “similimum”
- Understand the different potencies and when to use
- Learn the top remedies for common complaints
- Know the key characteristics of a Materia Medica/Reference and Repertory
- Understand the key role of a proving
- Learn homeopathic case taking skills
- Familiarize with symptoms that are strange, rare, and peculiar
- Repertorize using homeopathic books and online programs
- Practice case taking skills
- Review cases presented in class
What This Course Includes
- 24/7 Online Course Access
- Lifetime Course Access – watch again and again
- PDF Course Handouts
- PDF Certificate of Completion
- Recommendations for key homeopathy books and resources for learning beyond the classroom
- Recommendations for homeopathic kits
What Other Students Are Saying
“It has been an honor and a pleasure to work with Dr. Anaheed Jackson. She was my instructor for the “Homeopathy 101: Building the Foundation” class taught through NaturopathicCE.com an on-line continuing education platform.
I had absolutely no previous knowledge of homeopathic medicine. Dr. Jackson took me from the very beginning through being comfortable with the idea of making and using homeopathic remedies. She provided an outline of the proposed class which included a series of 2 hour sessions. Under her guidance, I went from a complete beginner to being able to listen and note symptoms. We explored special reference books for use in homeopathic medicine. We dug into on-line sources to find and read possible homeopathic remedies for selected case studies.
Ana is a kind, patient instructor. My questions were answered pleasantly and in as much detail as I wanted. We worked on class activities including researching specific methods of treating certain conditions and what the best outcome might be from various remedies.
With the assurance of Ana, I researched and purchased my own remedy for an existing condition. I did not get arthritis in my hands over night; it took 30 plus years on a typing keyboard. Imagine my wonder and surprise when my hands felt better within hours. After overnight, my fingers were able to make a good fist. It is not totally cleared, but my goodness, I did not think my hands could feel good again.
As a result of her professional, caring instruction, I will be taking more classes in homeopathic studies.”
-Irene L. Cook, Certified Professional Aromatherapist
Anaheed Jackson ND is a naturopathic physician who specializes in homeopathic medicine. She grew up in Colorado and graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) in Portland, OR.
In her first year of medical school, she was introduced to the subject of homeopathy and instantly knew her calling was to be a homeopath and a life-long student of this modality. She has studied extensively with Anne Vervarcke, Matt Zorn, and Angelica Lemke and regularly attends lectures and classes to expand her knowledge.
Dr. Ana works with patients of all ages but has a particular interest in working with children with complex mental and behavioral disabilities such as autism, ADD/ADHD, PANS/PANDAS, tic disorders, epilepsy, etc. She loves learning therapies that focus on treating the root cause of illness and that work in harmony with the body’s natural ability to heal.
Beyond her love of homeopathy, Dr. Ana spends a lot of time with her husband and family. She is a classical pianist and finds great joy in both playing and creating music.
Dr. Ana has a deep passion to teach and connect with her students in a meaningful way. She hopes her students feel empowered to apply the knowledge they have gained to take control of their own health and the health of their families.