- Red Meat Guidelines and Recommendations 49min
Research Review: Red Meat Guidelines
What You'll Learn
- Evaluate the new guidelines on red meat consumption based on the studies and data provided
- Understand the nutritional aspects of the effect size of red meat reduction
- Grasp the importance of the GRADE evidence evaluation method
- Learn the nutritional importance of the red meat reduction target
- Be able to summarize the multiple lines of evidence supporting the guideline recommendation
To eat or not to eat meat? In this course, Dr. Joshua Goldenberg reviews and analyzes the new guidelines on red meat consumption. He discusses the importance of the GRADE evidence evaluation method and summarizes the multiple lines of evidence supporting the guideline recommendation. As clinicians, it can be an overwhelming task to continually read and evaluate new guidelines when running a busy practice. This course is for medical providers who value research and want a full-proof analysis on current guidelines when it comes to eating red meat—a question we are often faced with when we meet with patients!
This Course Is For You If You
- You are in primary care, work in a general practice, or work with patients in a nutritional capacity
- You want to understand how to better analyze studies, guidelines, and data relating to your patient’s care
Dr. Goldenberg is a naturopathic physician, professor, researcher, and creator of Dr. Journal Club. He is most passionate about the interplay of evidence and clinical practice.
As a naturopathic doctor Dr. Goldenberg currently practices alongside a family practice MD in a collaborative membership model they call Collabracare. While he practices as a general naturopathic practitioner, he is specifically interested in irritable bowel syndrome.
Dr. Goldenberg is a passionate educator and currently is adjunct professor at Bastyr University, his alma mater, in which he enrolled after receiving honors and distinction in molecular biology from the University of Pennsylvania. He is also faculty for the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine’s Interprofessional Fellowship in Integrative Health and Medicine, where he teaches evidence informed practice.
Dr. Goldenberg is an active researcher with numerous publications in high impact scientific journals such as Annals of Internal Medicine and The Cochrane Library. His research focus includes evidence informed practice, irritable bowel syndrome, probiotics, and research methodology. He is currently Research Investigator at the Bastyr University Research Institute and Visiting Research Scholar at the University of Technology Sydney. He has presented nationally and internationally on evidence based medicine as well as probiotics and research methodology. His probiotics work has been highlighted by the BBC, The New York Times, The Seattle Times, Prevention Magazine, and Fox News.
In 2014 Dr. Goldenberg created the medical education website www.DrJournalClub.com in order to share his passion for the interplay of evidence and clinical practice with the larger integrative medicine community.