- Urology with Yarnell: Late-Stage CKD 2h 00min
Urology with Yarnell: Late-Stage CKD
This is the second part of an entire series of Urology with Yarnell: Chronic Kidney Disease. Part 2 (this course) will address the late stages of Chronic Kidney Disease (Stages 3-5). Part 1 addressed treating late stage Chronic Kidney Disease (Stages 1-3). Part 3 will address dialysis and kidney transplants. Part 4 will address glomerulonephritides and vasculitis. Lastly, Part 5 will address Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD).
This course will talk about the real-world treatment of patients with late-stage and end-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD). Each and every one of the myths about the conventional dietary approach to people in this situation will be blown apart with full scientific support. What tests need to be monitored, how often, and why is reviewed thoroughly. Detailed advice on how to help people maintain or reverse their disease course is presented. Natural alternatives to conventional phosphate binders and adjunct therapies to erythropoietin are presented. This lays the groundwork for the next class in the series about supporting patients who have to go on dialysis or have a kidney transplant.
What You’ll Learn
- How to safely and effectively prescribe a vegetarian diet (which is optimal) for patients with late-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- How to properly monitor patients in late-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- How to safely and effectively implement holistic treatment plans for patients with late-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD).
- How to manage the common complications of late-stage chronic kidney disease (CKD) including secondary hyperparathyroidism, anemia of chronic disease, metabolic bone disease, hypertension, metabolic acidosis, hyperkalemia, and hyperphosphatemia.
This Course is for You if
- You are in primary care, work in a general practice, or have patients with kidney disease, or
- You want to know how to help your patients with late stage chronic kidney disease (stages 3-5).
What’s Included With Your Purchase
✔ Lifetime course access
✔ 24/7 online access to course
✔ PDF of course slides
✔ PDF of course references and citations
✔ PDF of certificate of completion
✔ Certificate of completion available immediately upon finishing the course
✔ CEs / PDAs as outlined below
Eric Yarnell, ND, RH(AHG) graduated from Bastyr University (Seattle, WA) in 1996, after which he completed a two-year residency with master herbalist and physician Silena Heron, RN, ND in Sedona, AZ. Dr. Yarnell served as chair of the department of botanical medicine at Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (SCNM; Tempe, AZ) where he also taught gastroenterology, urology/men's health, and pulmonology/sleep medicine. He has served as senior and associate editor of the Journal of Naturopathic Medicine. He has been in private practice or supervising students since 1997. He is chief medical officer at Northwest Naturopathic Urology. He is a founding member and current president of the Botanical Medicine Academy (Seattle, WA), a specialty board for practitioners who use herbs.
Currently Dr. Yarnell is associate professor in the botanical medicine department at Bastyr University and adjunct faculty at SCNM. He is a co-founder and chief financial/operations office of Healing Mountain Publishing, Inc., a publisher of natural medicine textbooks for students and practitioners. He is also president of Heron Botanicals, Inc. an herbal pharmacy providing hand-crafted, whole plant extracts exclusively to health care providers.
Dr. Yarnell is author of numerous texts and articles including Natural Approach to Gastroenterology 2nd ed and the forthcoming Natural Approach to Urology and Men's Health 2nd ed. He is co-author of Clinical Botanical Medicine 2nd ed and the A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions. He is a contributing author for The Textbook of Natural Medicine 4th ed and Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy: Modern Herbal Medicine 2nd ed. He has lectured widely.