- Nutritional Medicine: Nutrition Update 2020 2h 00min
Nutritional Medicine: Nutrition Update 2020
As author of the widely popular Nutritional Medicine textbook, Dr. Alan Gaby has dedicated his career to investigating the interplay between nutrition and health outcomes. In this 2-hour presentation, Dr. Gaby reviews and analyzes recently published, clinically relevant research on the use of dietary modifications and nutritional supplements for the prevention and treatment of a wide range of health conditions, including osteoporosis, heart failure, influenza, colorectal cancer, breast cancer-related lymphedema, oral herpes simplex, bronchiectasis, diverticulitis, chronic inflammation, Tourette syndrome, autism, schizophrenia, tinnitus, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and cirrhosis. The presentation also discusses what appears to be an epidemic of fraudulent nutrition research coming from Iran and several other countries.
The material presented in this lecture is designed as an update to the research and clinical advice presented in the last publishing of Nutritional Medicine, creating a valuable resource for both owners and non-owners of the textbook alike.
What You’ll Learn
- How to describe recent research on the use of dietary modifications for the prevention or treatment of common health conditions including heart failure, cardiovascular disease, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, chronic inflammation, and normal pregnancy.
- How to describe recent research on the use of nutritional supplements for the prevention or treatment of common health conditions including osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, bronchiectasis, diverticulitis, influenza, autism, schizophrenia, tinnitus, Tourette syndrome, and cirrhosis.
- How to incorporate a wider array of dietary modifications into clinical practice.
- How to incorporate a wider array of nutritional supplements into clinical practice.
- How to describe characteristics of published research papers that should alert the reader to the possibility of fraudulent research.
What’s Included With Your Purchase
✔ Lifetime course access
✔ 24/7 online access to course
✔ PDF of certificate of completion
✔ Certificate of completion available immediately upon finishing the course
✔ CEs / PDAs as outlined below
Dr. Gaby received his undergraduate degree from Yale University, his M.S. in biochemistry from Emory University, and his M.D. from the University of Maryland. He was in private practice for 19 years, specializing in nutritional medicine.
He is past-president of the American Holistic Medical Association who has given expert testimony to the White House Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medicine on the cost-effectiveness of nutritional supplements. He is the author of Preventing and Reversing Osteoporosis (Prima, 1994), The Doctor’s Guide to Vitamin B6 (Rodale Press, 1984), the co-author of The Patient’s Book of Natural Healing (Prima, 1999). Dr. Gaby has written numerous scientific papers in the field of nutritional medicine. He has been the contributing medical editor for the Townsend Letter for Doctors since 1985, and was contributing editor for Alternative Medicine Review from 1996 to 2010.
He was professor of nutrition and a member of the clinical faculty at Bastyr University in Kenmore, WA, from 1995 to 2002. He is currently an adjunct professor in the biology department at St. Anselm College in Manchester, NH, teaching the course, Nutritonal Medicine. In 2011, he completed a 30-year project, the textbook Nutritional Medicine, and has recently completed the updated Second Edition of the book.